One of the top fun things I got to do in my professional life in 2018 was being a guest on Dr. Dave Nicol’s podcast, Blunt Dissection. It was up there with tidal bore rafting in Nova Scotia, another life event not to be missed. I’m episode 17, right after Dr. Sheilah Robertson (my anesthesia and analgesia guru) and before Dr. Cody Creelman (a fellow Canadian and social media innovator in large animal medicine). I’m in pretty impressive company!
I love that Dave says I was a ‘riot from start to finish’ – who doesn’t want to make people laugh? In no particular order, this is what Dave says we talked about:
1. Susan’s Oyster Fetish
2. The really dull, but (probably) authentic reasons she became a vet.
3. Her views on the current (poor) “State Of The Veterinary Union”.
4. The tough points in her career and the tools she uses to maintain her state of mind and performance.
5. Why she loves checklists and thinks we should use them way more in veterinary medicine.
6. Life auditing and how to say no.
7. Multiple tips she has for all clinics to improve their feline experience (at no or little cost.)
Have a listen to my hour of fame with Dr. Dave Nicol and the other cool episodes too – they’re in iTunes.