Everything you need to keep up to date in feline medicine and surgery from Dr. Jolle Kirpensteijn and Dr. Susan Little. We highlight recent advances and news in feline medicine and surgery with help from top experts. Information your whole veterinary team can use!
August’s Consultations in Feline Internal Medicine (2015) is the 7th volume in a well-respected series originated by Dr. John August. This volume contains cutting edge information in over 100 chapters written by experts in the latest issues, advances, and therapies in feline medicine. Read more …
August’s Consultations (ISBN: 9780323226523) is available from Elsevier and Amazon.com as well as in e-book format.
The Cat: Clinical Medicine and Management, published by Elsevier Saunders (2011), is exclusively devoted to feline medicine and features contributions from more than 60 experts in veterinary medicine from around the world. Read more …
The Cat (ISBN: 978-1-4377-0660-4) is available from Elsevier and Amazon.com as well as in e-book format.
Join me and Dr. Sheilah Robertson for two days of feline medicine in Warsaw!
Register at: https://www.vetco.org/en
Feline medicine lectures at Congresos de Especialidades Veterinarias on Sept. 1, 2018 in Mendoza, Argentina at the Sheraton Mendoza Hotel:
- Update on the recognition and assessment of acute pain in cats
- Diagnosing and treating anorexia in cats
- Understanding chronic pancreatitis in cats
- Approach to elevated liver enzymes in cats
Join me on August 2, 2018 for a day of feline medicine lectures at the Southern Veterinary Conference:
- Update your protocols for FeLV and FIV testing
- Managing acute respiratory distress in cats
- Successful management of urethral obstruction in cats
- Not so uncommon endocrine diseases in cats
- Elevated liver enzymes in cats
Want to brush up your feline medicine skills? Join us for a 4-day, intensive Feline Medicine course to learn from expert instructors:
- Terry Curtis, DVM, MS, DACVB: feline behavior
- Margie Scherk, DVM, DABVP (Feline): feline-friendly handling, feline communication, feline medicine updates, diabetes mellitus
- Kris Bannon, DVM, FAVD, DAVDC: gingivostomatitis, extractions, dental radiographs, swellings and tumors
- Mike Lappin, DVM, PhD, DACVIM: infectious respiratory and gastrointestinal diseases, tick-borne diseases
- Sheilah Robertson, BVMS (Hons), PhD, DACVA, DECVA, CVA, MRCVS: updates in anesthesia and analgesia, acute and chronic pain, difficult anesthesia cases
- Sue Ettinger, DVM, DACVIM (Oncology): early cancer detection, cancer tools, chemotherapy
- Susan Little, DVM, DABVP (Feline): feline-friendly hospitals, feline retrovirus update, acute respiratory distress, urethral obstruction, not so uncommon endocrine diseases, fatty liver disease
We will also have a two-hour dry lab where you can handle equipment and learn about key diagnostic and therapeutic procedures with step-by-step instructions:
- Esophagostomy and nasogastric feeding tubes
- Blind transoral bronchoalveolar lavage
- Bone marrow aspirates
- Urethral catheterization
This intensive course in a small group format will give you lots of contact time with the speakers and with your colleagues. You’ll leave with new ideas and practical tools!
Course Description & Schedule
Learn more in this video: https://youtu.be/7tZBFl-rLo4
Register at: http://navc.com/institute/feline/
The 2017 American Association of Feline Practitioners Conference at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel (Oct. 19-22) features Feline Infectious Diseases and Pediatrics. Join us for a full educational program featuring a Feline-Friendly Handling Lab (Dr. Ilona Rodan), world-class speakers such as Dr. Niels Pedersen, Dr. Justine Lee (@VetGirlOnTheRun), Dr. Jessica Quimby, Dr. Michael Lappin, Dr. Karen Moriello, and many more!
My lectures are on Oct. 21:
> Starting on the Right Paw: Preventive Healthcare for Kittens
> What’s New with Old Viruses? Feline Retrovirus Update
> How to Treat the Small and the Sick (parts 1 and 2)
Register here: https://www.catvets.com/education/conference/
Join me for two days of feline medicine lectures at the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners 2017 Symposium (@abvpvets) at the InterContinental Buckhead Hotel in Atlanta, GA. This multi-track conference features great small animal medicine speakers such as Dr. Margie Scherk (@margiecats1), Dr. Joe Bartges, Dr. Gary Norsworthy, and Dr. Chris Byers (@CriticalCareDVM).
Register here: http://abvp.com/abvp-symposium/